Reusing and upcycling are the new frontier in sustainable fashion, but consumers may not want to pay the price to save the planet.
A Thirsty Industry: Fashion's Colossal Water Footprint
- As part of our sustainability series, we looked at the textile industry's contribution to water waste and pollution and what can be done about it.
Consumer Waste: A Look at the Numbers
- How the increase in decluttering is contributing to some disturbing statistics.
A Step Too Far—Fashion's Carbon Footprint
- How today's disposable culture is contributing to the impact of the fashion industry on the environment.
To Dye For: Textile Processing's Global Impact
- As we swap our winter neutrals for spring's fresh brights, we consider the toll fabric dyes take on our health and the environment and the simple steps we can all take to help alleviate their impact.
7 Designers Championing Smart Luxury
- We look at the brands addressing fashion's effect on the environment by putting the sartorial and the sustainable back together.
Models with a Cause
- A look at five model-led organizations promoting female empowerment through everything from coding to climate change activism.
Cut & Paste: Fashion's Complicated History with Borrowing
- A look at how imitation has caused the most memorable and controversial looks in fashion.
#CBLoves: Designers To Know
- We highlight the innovative up-and-coming creatives who are rethinking what we wear.
A Woman's Words
- An emerging journalist uses her platform to amplify the concerns of underrepresented groups.
AW17: Gabriela Hearst Debuts A New Practical Luxury
- A perfect balance between luxury, wearability and environmental awareness. Gabriela Hearst's first formal runway show was a lesson in enduring style and sustainability.
AW17: Emilia Wickstead Welcomes Wearability
- Fusing her signature elegance with a contemporary twist, Emilia Wickstead delivered a whimsical and eminently wearable new season collection.
Mary Katrantzou AW17: Necessary Nostalgia
- The Greek-born London-based designer delighted showgoers with a cinematic-themed collection that tapped into the power of nostalgia.